Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dolla Pokeh




Ok Dolla Pokeh is amazing. She was my own personal guide on our hike and we were rockin it through some tough spots to get to the caves and she was draggin my butt up the muddy mtn! :) She was very sure on her feet and she was so strong! She was in flip flops part of the time and then barefoot! Did I already write about this? I feel like I did but maybe that was an email?! Anyways, the week after we went on this particular hike, Dolla showed up at the hospital dedication and she brought me 2 pineapples! I promised her I would go to her church so last Sunday we went and she was there and one of the guys from the village named Patti translated bc I dont know a lick of Pidgin and she doesnt know English :). But I found out that her mother left her father and he has remarried since. I think that one particular Aunt takes care of her though. I met the Aunt and she made Dolla run home for 2 more pineapples lol. I hope to see her again soon and I plan on learning some Pidgin so that I can learn more about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment