Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Mama!!!

So today was a great day! Very eventful. I could do "best" and "worst" but for now lets stick to best. I went to the market in town today and saw so many things. The fresh open market is unreal! I have never seen so much quality produce in one place! I will tell you more about it later bc what I really want to tell you about is what I did tonight when we got back to the compound. We were invited to the Dooley's house for a nice dinner with their kids and some other friends. Scott Dooley the father is a doctor and he was on call tonight. So when he got called in at the dinner table to perform a C section he invited us to come and watch!!!
So of course I went! It's not everyday I get to go in with a doctor and observe a C section! It was amazing and they asked the women if we could take some pics and she said yes so I have all these crazy pictures and video of the baby being born. Who would have ever thought that we would get to witness that! God is good. Mom that was my joy gem for the day. By the way a joy gem is comparable to the web gem on ESPN but my mom made up joy gem for things that happen that are so great, you know a gift from God. The doctor and staff, mother and baby are definitely a gift from God!
OK bummer, I just tried to upload a pic of it for all of you but it won't do it. I have a feeling that I am going to have a hard time getting pics up. Also, family bad news Skype is very slow and I haven't even had a chance to get anywhere I can try it. Maybe I will try it in Bill's office on my lunch if he will let me. Problem is that too many people are on at the same time so its makes it very slow. So I will have to write a ton so you know what's going on.
Tomorrow morning I get to shadow two of the doctors as they make their rounds. Dr. Erin and Dr. Becky invited me to do so. I am hoping to meet a little boy by the name of Ishmael that is a patient of Erin's who has Leukemia. I will detail his story later. I also have to present a draft of the hospital dedication brochure in a meeting in the morning. Then I assume Bill will put me to work in his office or on the job site. They are doing a number of things from planting flowers as I had mentioned to pulling out fences and building a wall. We were blessed to hang out with our new friend Michael who took us to town. He is very nice and taught us some Tok Pisin and told us about his family etc. We just really enjoyed his company.
Oh we went to a hotel in Mt. Hagen to eat and Kathy Radcliffe who took us and bought us breakfast which was very kind of her. But what was so great was the way she witnessed to our waiter. The contents of the PNG flag have been used to tell the story of Jesus (which I will post for you someday soon). Kathy used it to talk to the man about Jesus and he told us that he was raised Catholic but bc of the fighting that was going on in his village the people had stopped church and anything like that. I couldn't understand everything that was said but as we left he pulled her aside and told her he would like to know more. I was very touched by all of this bc to me it was a very simple thing that Kathy did. She took the opportunity to tell a man about Jesus. She could have easily continued talking to Katie and I but she made a decision and look what it did! I really enjoyed her today and learned a lot from her. She didn't have to say much bc she lead by example and I saw how much she really loves the Lord and people.
Family I am so sorry that I have been unable to talk to you. But just keep checking this and also Dad, Mom, Nick, Kris start checking your emails so I can send you personal ones. I will try to do that tomorrow. Kris I don't know if I have your email so you should send it to me on my email. Ok its is late here and I am at Dr. Becky's house and need to go to bed so I can get up early enough to read and workout before I start my day. Kate and I are having dinner at our house and then dessert and games with some friends after. I love you all very much... P.S. I think you can comment on my posts so you should so I can here back from you...but since I'm new to this you'll have to figure it out. Maybe you have to click the thing at the bottom of each post?

No comments:

Post a Comment