Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The time has come...



Hello everyone!
Thanks for checkin' out my blog! I have been in Oroville hanging out with my fam and friends... having a great time but it is now about that time to say goodbye! I leave Friday morning (the 16th) out of Sac and will miss everyone! I am very blessed to be able to have two amazing travel partners! One being my dear friend Kate and the other is the one and only Big Al! From what I hear my dad named him that back in the day and it stuck with him!
I want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me in this trip and ask that you continually pray for "our" journey. We will fly to SF then to Tokyo. From there we will board Air Nuigini and fly to Port Moresby, PNG which I believe is a coastal town. Next, we will fly into the highlands landing in Mt. Hagen where we will make our final part of the trip on the ground to Kudjip where we will live!
So the last few months have been a journey and it's really important never to forget how God has put his hand in everything. My mom always encourages me to write down the things that I see God doing. What great advice mom, thank you! Here is some of that...
When I had the benefit back in November, I was amazed at all the doors that flew open. It was very apparent to me that this was the place God wanted me to go. God moved so many people to help… whether it was the dinnerware, silent auction gifts, donations, entertainment, a building, food, invitations, TIME!!! (ask my fam about that lol.) All together it was very successful and I enjoyed the experience. God provided and He provided big time! Thank you Lord for being there for me.
Speaking of being there...I don’t want to be naive about my upcoming journey by thinking that it is going to be some fun and easy adventure, but I would be lying to you if I said part of its appeal wasn't the adventure! I see it as God has given me an opportunity and He wants me to step out in faith. I know God will go before me and prepare a place..."Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared."-Exodus 23:20 He's there now and He's been there. It's my part to believe. It is my choice. I think what is important is that I always keep my eye on Jesus. Let me explain: When I spend time with Him daily letting Him in and calling on Him...when I pray, read, journal, etc. I connect with Him and in return gain a deep sense of inner peace. When I take a day off I begin to drift, loose focus, I begin to live in the flesh instead of the spirit. It's not that I sail through life at all; it’s that I try to stay grounded in Him and the more I get to know Him the deeper the roots grow. It is hard, yes we all know that! But each day is a challenge a test that we can learn from, we can overcome. I don't know what God is going to do in PNG but I know He's gonna rock my world.
As I prepare mentally I think about my own faults. I want to give those to Him through confession so that I can start my journey with a pure heart (1 John 1:9). Also, I think about my goals in life and my goals for over in PNG. In our culture it is so easy to turn to the world for an answer, for comfort, for whatever really. We have so many options, so many ways to mask our own insecurities and problems. What is it even like to live a life where you can barely meet your basic needs? Where the goat in your yard is where you get your milk and eventually your food... the stream 5 miles away (if you’re lucky) is your only source for water or place to bathe and clean your clothes and who knows if the water is safe? I want to see God in these places. No in the faces! To see someone who has close to nothing, be so at peace and in love with God...what a thought. But wait it's a reality. So how does this fit in with my goals? I want to be the best person I know how to be where I am so that I can be a walking example of the power and peace that comes from knowing God to those who are searching. That means whether I have a lot or a little! Because ultimately I have a lot! Way more than I need... I have Jesus! What does that take? It takes a relationship with the Creator, total faith, discipline, and a deep desire to read the word!
This ties in with my faults because in order to meet these goals I must confront what is keeping me from them. I'm sure many can relate to the challenges of being a believer. If you ask my family what area I have an “opportunity” to grow in (Starbucks people you get that lingo :)) I’m sure they would say the barrier I put between myself and others. You know my vulnerability… yes it makes me feel weak but what I’ve learned and continue to work on is that I do the same with the Lord!!!! We can’t compartmentalize His involvement in our life. At some point we have to let God in. I mean to the places that maybe I haven’t even been. He needs to search my heart and purify me and fill it with His Word, love, wisdom, peace, patience, understanding, joy, focus, discipline, strength, energy, effectiveness, efficiency, forgiveness, humility, poise, discernment, and THE HOLY SPIRIT. All of these things and more I will not just need in PNG, I need them in everyday life! We all need healing. We all need strength. What we all don’t know is that we can go to one place for everything. And it’s not a false security, it is very real but like anything else that is good and real it doesn’t happen over night. God knocks and you can sit quietly and hope he goes away, or make so much noise you drown Him out, or you can open the door and say “what up?!!! Come on in.” I want to rip the door off :). It’s the gap between wanting and doing that we all struggle with. As I make my way over there so many thoughts run through my head as you just witnessed having read this lol! What is most important… my number one goal… to do His will, His way, walk in His image and light, and tell others who and what He is about! I am there to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment