Saturday, January 17, 2009

An Internet Cafe In Tokyo!!!


Hey everyone! I landed in Tokyo and found this Internet cafe which is great bc I cant call! Dad, Mom hopefully you get on soon so you can feel better about not talking to me! It has been great so far. Surprisingly I only slept for like 45 min. I met this cool man from Taiwan who has been living in Boston and owns a restaurant called 'Fortuna'. He gave me great advice about running your own business... we talked coffee shop talk :) He and his wife have been in Boston for like 30 yrs. and he gave me his info and told us to come by his restaurant in Boston if we make it out there and he would treat us... don't worry he wasn't a creeper and Kate had actually thought she had heard of his restaurant. Plus Big Al had our backs!
So the toilets here are hilarious... each door holds a new surprise. Ha my fav was the one Kate got, lucky door number 1... it had music and different noises you could press like a fake flush... hmmmmm? :)
Big Al is great! Everyone we meet always leaves with a smile after talking to him. We met these American boys who were going to Thailand to build a school called "TALK". They were pretty cool, I think they were Christians bc they said they would pray for us and asked for us to do the same.
This one Japanese security guard was pretty funny. He walked up right in front of me looked up and smiled and then walked next to Kate and stood next to her. I guess my height was a little intimidating lol. Everyone working here at the airport is very friendly and polite. I like that.
Its 7pm Sat. the 17th here in Tokyo which is the same time zone as PNG. I believe its 2am Sat. the 17th in CA which makes it 4 am in NE. Hmm I wonder who is getting up to serve coffee in York? I know its not CCobb :( We board at 9pm and will arrive in Port Moresby at 4:30am Sunday. We are having lunch with one of the doctors and his wife once we get there. Oh ya there is a guy that is going to be on our next flight that is going to Kudjip to work. He is family friends with a doctor there. After lunch, I believe we will have an orientation. I'm not sure what all that involves but I'm sure we will see and meet alot of people and go into the hospital etc. Somebody has already filled our house with food so we will be set when we arrive. By the way this keyboard here is ridiculous I keep hitting the Japanese button and its taking me forever! Well I'm not sure when I will have access to a computer next but I love everyone very much! Dad, mom how was Ikea? I miss you. Nick and Kris I am glad I got to talk to you this morning. Hope to talk on Skype! 誤尾dビェ!I think that meant goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment