Monday, March 23, 2009

One 62 Coffee

Here are some pics of Erik Day's coffee shop in Oroville. I spent many hours there previous to going on my trip to PNG. I was talking to Erik about coffee and what not and found out that he gets beans from a plantation in PNG called Kimel. He knew it was close to where I was going (Kudjip) and so I told him I would try my best to get to the plantation and take some pics etc. Thanks to my new and dear friends Jim and Kathy Radcliffe, I was able to go, tour and meet the general manager. It was a great experience! I wonder if coffee drinkers realize the time, effort, and care it takes to get the coffee from the tree to their cup? I have read about it, but being able to see first hand how it all works was pretty cool. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity. If you're ever in Oroville stop in and say hi to Erik! He'll serve you the best cup of coffee in town! :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment